Jorge Vinals, PhD
Ph.D. in Physics, University of Barcelona, 1983. Faculty appointments: School of Computational Science and Engineering, Florida State University, 1989-2004. Department of Physics, McGill University, 2004-2010. Director, McGill Institute for Advanced Materials, 2004-2007. Director, CLUMEQ (McGill), 2007-2010. NIH Senior Fellow, Laboratory of Computational Genomics, Donald Danforth Plant Science Center, St. Louis, MO, 2001-2002.
Professor, Physics and Astronomy
Director, Minnesota Supercomputing Institute
Affiliate Faculty, Institute for Health Informatics
PhD, University of Barcelona (Physics), 1983
BS, University of Barcelona (Physics), 1981
- Nonlinear dynamics and stochastic processes in soft matter physics and materials science
- Computational models of protein-protein interactions
- Stochastic modeling of transcription networks
- M. Gaudreault, F. Drolet, and J. Vinals. "Analytical determination of the bifurcation thresholds in stochastic differential equations with delayed feedback". Phys. Rev. E 82, 051124 (2010).
- M. Gaudreault, F. Lepine and J. Vinals. "Pitchfork and Hopf bifurcation threshold in stochastic equations with delayed feedback". Phys. Rev. E 80, 061920 (2009).
- M. Gaudreault and J. Vinals. "Collapse transition of a hydrophobic self avoiding random walk in a coarse grained model solvent". Phys. Rev. E 80, 021916 (2009).
- J. Vinals, A. Kolinski, and J. Skolnick. "Numerical study of the entropy loss of dimerization and the folding thermodynamics of the GCN4 leucine zipper". Biophys. J. 83, 2801 (2002).
- F. Drolet and J. Vinals. "Adiabatic reduction near a bifurcation in stochastically modulated systems". Phys. Rev. E. 57, 5036 (1998).
- P. Chen and J. Vinals. "Pattern Selection in Faraday waves". Phys. Rev. Lett. 79, 2670 (1997).
- D. Jasnow and J. Vinals. "Coarse-grained description of thermo-capillary flow". Phys. Fluids 8, 660 (1996).