Lynda Ellis, PhD
Dr. Ellis focuses on developing bioinformatics tools that support the work of life science colleagues. With biochemist Larry Wackett, Dr. Ellis has developed an innovative microbial biotechnology database on the World Wide Web: The University of Minnesota Biocatalysis/Biodegradation Database.
Awards & Recognition
- National Science Foundation Graduate Fellowship
- Bush Sabbatical Supplement Fellowship
Professor Emeritus, Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology
Co-director, University of Minnesota Biocatalysis/Biodegradation Database
Core Faculty, Institute for Health Informatics
Postdoctoral, University of Minnesota (Biochemistry)
Postdoctoral, University of Minnesota (Laboratory Medicine)
PhD, Brandeis University (Biochemistry)
BS, University of Southern California (Chemistry)
- computational biology
- Ellis LBM, Wackett LP. (2012) Use of the University of Minnesota Biocatalysis/ Biodegradation Database for Study of Microbial Degradation. Microbial Informatics and Experiment, 2: 1 (4 January 2012).
- Fenner K, Gao J, Kramer S, Ellis L, Wackett L. (2008) "Data Mining to Limit Combinatorial Explosion in Biodegradation Pathway Prediction." Bioinformatics, 24: 2079 - 2085.
- Gao J, Ellis LBM, Wackett LP. (2010) "The University of Minnesota Biocatalyisis/Biodegradation Database: improving public access." Nucleic Acids Research; 38: D488-D491.
- Wicker J, Fenner K, Ellis L, Wackett L, Kramer S (2010) "Predicting Biodegradation Products and Pathways: A Hybrid Knowledge-Based and Machine Learning Based Approach." Bioinformatics. 26: 814 - 821.
- Gao J, Ellis LBM, Wackett LP. (2011) "The University of Minnesota Pathway Prediction System: multi-level predictions and visualization." Nucleic Acids Research; 38: D488-D491.
For a complete list of Dr. Ellis' publications, Search PubMed