Paul Kleeberg, MD
Paul Kleeberg, MD, is the Clinical Director for the Regional Extension Assistance Center for HIT (REACH) funded by the recovery act to assist small hospitals and primary care providers in Minnesota and North Dakota to adopt and become meaningful users of electronic health records. Dr. Kleeberg has over 17 years experience as a family physician and in information technology. He has been in private practice providing comprehensive ambulatory, emergency and hospital care in a small Minnesota town and later, practiced outpatient medicine in a large multi-specialty health system in the Twin Cities Metro. Dr. Kleeberg has played an important role in the implementation of several patient portal, ambulatory and hospital electronic health records – one of the implementations won the HIMSS Davies Award of Excellence in 2007. He has experience in the EHR selection process, physician engagement, build, work flow redesign, clinical content management, clinical decision support and overall EHR governance. Dr. Kleeberg has presented at local and national conferences on using the EHR to support optimal care.
Dr. Kleeberg received his medical degree from Stanford University and completed his residency in family medicine at the University of Minnesota. He is board certified in family medicine, is a fellow in both the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) and in the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS). He serves on several committees for HIMSS and chairs their Computerized Provider Order Entry (CPOE) Workgroup. He is a member of the Minnesota eHealth Advisory Committee, co-chairs their Adoption and Meaningful Use Workgroup and is a member of the Office of the National Coordinator of HIT's Meaningful Use Community of Practice Steering Team.
Clinical Director, Regional Extension Assistance Center for HIT (REACH)
Affiliate Faculty, Institute for Health Informatics
MD, Stanford University School of Medicine, (Medicine), 1990
Residency, UMN Family Medicine, St. Louis Park, (Family Medicine), 1993
BA, University of Rochester, New York, (Psychology), 1977
Pre-medicine, University of Rochester, New York, 1983
- Kleeberg P. "Medical Uses of the Internet," Journal of Medical Systems 1993 Dec;17(6):363-6
- Kleeberg P. "Fam-Med: An Internet Resource for Family Physicians," Proc 17th Ann Symp Comp Applic Med Care (SCAMC 93) 1993;17:890
- Kleeberg P, Masys DR, "Telecommunications," Computers in Clinical Practice published by the American College of Physicians, ed. by Jerome A. Osheroff, M.D., F.A.C.P. 1995
- Kleeberg P. "The Internet and the World Wide Web Implications for Health Care," The Medical Journal of Allina 1996 V. No.3
- Kleeberg P. "Information Management," Family Medicine: Principles and Practice, published by Springer-Verlag, ed. by Robert B. Taylor, M.D, 1997.